1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Well, getting pregnant with twins comes to mind. I met people from the internet for the first time. Got promoted to Vice President at work. Served on the board of our PTA. Gave IV fluids to a cat.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, I’m kind of too lazy to look up whether I made any real resolutions if that tells you anything…though I will say that I got in to the best shape of my adult life in 2012 (prior to the whole pregnancy thing) and I am immensely proud of that. I can’t wait to resume in 2013.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One cousin. Many of The Internets.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My handsome cat Oswald, poor buddy. Our adopted from preschool guinea pig. No people, thank God
5. What countries did you visit?
None. Though I am now able to travel freely between the US and Canada thanks to my enhanced license.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
An appetite, perhaps? I really can’t wait to enjoy food again, without it being a chore.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 22, which is when I found out I was pregnant, and August 15th when we found out we were having twins.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Work wise, VP. Personally? Keeping my shit together even though I was scared out of my mind.
9. What was your biggest failure?
This is a tough one. I’m sure there were many minor failures, but no biggies stand out.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Aside from the worst “morning” sickness I have ever had, nope.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don’t think I bought anything major this year. Like, at all. That seems…weird. I mean aside from tons of baby gear. Cloth diapers, maybe? Those were a big investment.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine. MINE, do you hear me?? I was rational at a lot of times this past year where I could have been totally irrational.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My mother’s. Several times. But see above–I am done with that now.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage. Cars. Groceries. Ultrasounds. Baby gear.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My girls’ weekend with Shelly, Becky and Kori
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter–but considering there are 2 babies in my belly, this is justified. If not for the pregnancy, I would be thinner.
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Blogging. Sleeping in. Playing games with the kids.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating junk. Yelling, omg, the yelling. Wiping muddy dog paws. Being nauseous.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Pre-Christmas: My Mom’s family. Christmas Eve: Ed’s family. Christmas Day: just us, at home. There was napping. 12/26- at my mom’s.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
I started to with my babies, yes.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Suits. Breaking Bad. Burn Notice. The usual, really.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
I read so much great stuff this year! SMUT! Real books! All the Dystopian!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
A new couch.
27. What did you want and not get?
I can’t think of anything. I did ask for a beef stick for Christmas, and did not get it.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Magic Mike! Ok, not really. Silver Linings Playbook.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 34. We didn’t do much. There was cake.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I’m not really sure.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Tunics, leggings and yoga pants.
32. What kept you sane?
My Blog, The Twitters
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Does Kellan Kyle count? Nobody special really did it for me this year.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage. Healthcare. Always.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met so many new Twitter folks! And I met Becky, Shelly and Kori in person! It was a good year!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
You can get through things even when you are scared out of your mind.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.