1. I am test driving a new car on Monday and I am :SO: excited. Anything is better than the mommy-mobile minivan. And this is big enough to hold 3 car seats in the back seat, should the need arise. We can’t afford it, but I want it.
The Ford Edge
2. I am also 14 days away from my vacation and I am more than excited. Even if we weren’t going anywhere, I just need to get the heck out of work for a while.
3. Caitlyn’s birthday party is Sunday. So long as it doesn’t rain, it should be a blast. I ordered her a Diego cake, which I think she will LOVE. That and the sheer amount of food that will be there. She is a girl after my own heart.
4. She has been peeing on the potty at her new school. I’m so proud! We’ve also found a slew of kids who used to go to the old school and mysteriously disappeared—they have been at the new school all along. Just another step in us being comfortable there. And based on the declining enrollment at the old place, we are seeing familiar teachers at the new one too. It’s working out very well; the kids are doing great!
5. Ed is taking me to see Kenny Rogers tonight. I CAN NOT wait. I bawled when he took me to see The Monkees and I fear I will do the same when Kenny takes the stage. I love him. (and I totally know what a freak I am, and I’m so OK with it.)
6. I had jury duty this week and my number never came up, thank goodness! Though it would have been nice to get out of work.
7. MySpace is like a freaking high school reunion. I can’t believe how many people keep showing up there. It’s just like old times!
8. I have the cold from hell. It’s just congestion and a scratch throat that is impossible to treat. Better now than while on vacation though.