“Lids down, I count sheep
I count heartbeats
The only thing that counts is
that I won’t sleep
I countdown, I look around….”
1. My mother is fine, Thank God. Thanks for all of your well wishes; it was scar tissue. Hopefully, this will be what she needs in order to push her in the directions of quitting smoking. She told me yesterday that she would. I am skeptical.
2. ED participated in the entire Tae Kwon Do class yesterday and did a great job. He got his uniform and everything, which is adorable. I will take a photo soon. It’s going to cost me $99 a month, but I think it’s worth it. We went to Friendly’s for dinner to celebrate.
3. By the time we got home my headache had turned in to a full-blown migraine. I put the kids to bed and passed out on the couch. I woke up confused—I didn’t even realize hub had gone to work–around 10, fed the cats and went to bed.
4. By 11:30 CA was in my bed snoring away.
5. At 12:30 I put her back in her bed after I woke up coughing up stomach acid. I forgot to take a Pepcid before bed. I propped myself up on the couch, watched a bit of Craig Ferguson (is it odd that I find him very attractive?? I think it’s his humor…something about him is sexy) and went back to sleep.
6. Hub came home around 1:30 and insisted on shouting a conversation from the bedroom where he was changing in to the living room.
7. ED was up at 2:00 wanting to lay with me on the couch. I asked him to lay on the loveseat but when I woke an hour later, he was curled up in between my legs.
8. CA was up again at 5, upset that I had put her back in bed. She fell asleep on my chest, ED curled back up in between my legs and I was wide awake.
9. I must have fallen asleep at some point because the alarm startled me—and I felt exhausted.
10. When I complained to Hub that the kids were crabby and further stated that if anyone had the right to be crabby, it was me he said “I’m not trying to be mean, but it is your own fault……” He’s right. I should let them both scream; perhaps lock them in their room so that we can’t hear them and get some good, uninterrupted sleep. I feel like I need to point out that he sleeps like a king during all of this, the bed to himself with extra pillows. Not that the kids would even go to him in the middle of the night if he offered……but still.
11. In the midst of all of this, I dreamt of my ex again last night. That I was in a bar with 2 girlfriends and he was there. We split a pizza. Hub drove me out to his house the next day, and we walked through the mall and had more pizza. Seriously, what the hell?
12. I need more caffeine that pregnancy will allow.
*lyrics and title courtesy of BNL