RSS Feed

37 Weeks

Posted on

I did way too much these past few days. It started with folding every last piece of laundry in the house on Monday. You know me, right? I hate laundry. I would rather die a fiery death than do laundry. But it’s done and I have kept going. As soon as there is a load, it is washed, dried and folded. Creepiest form of nesting EVER. Hub shot me a funny look a I was classifying our bibs and burp cloths. A system is needed, and it is a very simple one—house bibs/cloths VS. going out bibs/cloths. What’s not to get?

Bud had a Tae Kwon Do test on Monday as well, so I picked the kids up and headed to that and then went to far as to take them to McDonald’s (with play place) and spend an hour. Needless to say, I was exhausted.

Tuesday the kids were home, and Hub had worked late overnight, so I go them out of the house pretty early on. We went to Target, the bank and then to the pool, which again, was exhausting. The cool water did help my ankle though, so there’s a plus. I passed out on the couch while they napped and before I knew it, it was 4:30 and time to get Bud ready for Tae Kwon Do. FIL took him and Lucy and I went shopping for dinner. I have no interest in food, so I cooked some beef tips and we had them over salad with dinner rolls, and that was that.

I had a really hard time sleeping last night and woke up very sore this morning, but got the kids off to school, had some breakfast and then tore apart our room to make room for the bassinet, rearranged the kids’ room, and of course, more laundry. Hub was leaving again for a long trip tonight, so we grabbed some Chinese food for lunch and I brought him back home to sleep while I ran some errands.

The good news is that I finally bought the items for my pif contest. The bad news is that I don’t know when I’ll get to the post office. I actually had an episode in Target that leaves me wary of going out on my own. There was horrible cramping—not even contractions, just weird cramping up my whole stomach. I sat down near the pharmacy for what seemed like hours and finally made my way to the back of he store to get some water. I’m sure it was dehydration—coffee, Pepsi and Chinese food tend to deplete my water supply. Thankfully, the water helped and I was able to finish my shopping, but man did I ever panic. More good news: I found a lightweight robe for the hospital and I got some good snacks for my hospital bag.

I grabbed the kids and fed them dinner, and I made a lime jello pie, which just now served as my dinner. (not the whole thing though….)

Soon I will be going to bed. I’m hoping to take it easy tomorrow, though there is still much to be done. If nothing else, I want to get the car seat in and the bassinet all set upstairs. And take a really good nap.

I will likely be scarce tomorrow, but will update after my doctor’s appointment on Friday. Don’t go panicking if I’m not around. I’ll post a twitter if I’m giving birth. (That’s right Shelly, you smart-ass. Maybe I WILL twitter the whole play by play.)

Finally—-is anyone interested in doing a guest post or 2 over here while I am laid up in the hospital/recovering at home post-partum? Let me know.

Until we meet again…..

11 responses »

  1. Glad you’re back to posting. πŸ˜‰ And it’s really fun following everyone on Twitter. I’d love for you to “Twitter” the birth play by play. Sounds great to me. You know I won’t be able to leave the house that day though. It sounds like you’re getting lots of little things done, and probably none too soon. After the cramping episode, I say you’re very close now.I might be interested in guest blogging if you’ll have me. E-mail me and we can hash out details if you’re interested.

  2. Lime jello pie? Do tell!I had more weird pains with #3 than either of the other two pregnancies–maybe because I was running around more. πŸ™‚

  3. I’ll add my vote for the play-by-play. πŸ™‚

  4. While I am, in fact, a smart ass (and you love me for it), I really was serious. If you Twitter Birth, I’d even sign up for Twitter, which I am dead set against. Pinky swear.

  5. Shelly – That’s what pushed me over the edge to get Twitter. I figured SaLy would post there for the birth. And I want to know everything while it’s happening (well, as much as possible at least).

  6. Oh, I’m hoping you Twitter some play by plays!Good to know I’m not the only one who’s tired. Though I think you have me beat–you have had a busy week!

  7. Wow, I can’t believe how much you’re doing. I hope you get to spend the next couple weeks sprawled on the couch being waited on.

  8. Um, don’t send the PIFs right away. As having at least a 50% vote on this, I say wait. Or see if Hubs can do it after Olivia is born or something. I am excited about getting gifts in the mail and all, but you and Olivia are wayyyy more important. I can be patient.Also, I could do a guest post maybe. Email me about it.

  9. If you do a label online ( you can also check a box for the mail carrier to come pick up the package—and the pick-up is free. I just did that awhile back and it was great.

  10. Girl, I am SO not pregnant and your have-done lists just wear me out! Hang in there…

  11. Oh yes please let us know via Twitter. AndreAnna just did that and it was so nice to know how things were going.I’ll guest post for you if you’d like. Whatya want me to talk about?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: