OH! Here is my 2008 Survey!! Took me long enough!!!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Became a mom of 3!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I was so focused on the “ZOMG I am pregnant and SO.RIDICULOUSLY!sick!” at the turn of 2008 that there were no resolutions. The big one this year is to be healthy. I would like to be thin, but that is not the ultimate goal. I need to take better care of myself. And I think I want to start wearing makeup. I mean, I’m 30. Now is as good of a time as any…
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Well, I did…… also my good friend M.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
some time just for me. Like overnight alone time
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
7/29 Liv’s bday
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being able to
effectively manage life with a full time job and 3 kids
9. What was your biggest failure?
Oy…I don’t know. I’ve had a lot of little FAILS, you know? Like losing my temper too quickly with the kiddos, having no patience with the hubby etc.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Morning sickness… does birthing a child count as an injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
hmmm, don’t remember buying anything for me
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My own, Dawg!! I birthed a child in record time!! And I Twittered it LIVE! Also. Hilary Clinton.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Le sigh…..my mom’s
14. Where did most of your money go?
Daycare, sad to say. And the everlong Kitchen Remodel 2008
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Excited in a terrified sort of way…pregnancy and birth.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
“My Sister, My Right Hand, My Beeeeest friend….Deliver Me”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, because I am not miserably pregnant and I have a happy, healthy, chaotic family
b) thinner or fatter? Probably about the same. Fatter than I was before I got pregnant, but about the same as I was last year at 8 or 9 weeks bloated/pregnant
c) richer or poorer? Well, I make more money, but the cost of kid #3 kind of xxx’s it out. So I’ll say it’s a wash.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I’d have liked to read more. Let’s add that to the 2009 resolutions list, shall we? Read more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Snapping at people around me when my patience was stretched too thin.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Home and with extended family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
With my new baby girl, yes.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
How I Met Your Mother, Damages, Burn Notice, Breaking Bad (though I had to stop watching because it gave me labor pains—for serious)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
I really liked Emily Griffin’s “Something Borrowed” Truthfully, that may have been the only book I finished in 2008. Misty- I am committed to finishing Prodigal Summer this year.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
riiight….The new and improved Wiggles with Sam! Let’s all do the Shimmie Shake!!
26. What did you want and get?
A healthy and happy baby. A new kitchen!
27. What did you want and not get?
a new camera. A fancified one.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really enjoyed Burn After Reading. I also watch Knocked Up for the first time and LOVED that. For the record I thought Mama Mia SUCKED.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30 and sulked. Then I had a surprise party to make up for it.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
a maid; a brand new house
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
bohemian maternity??? I am always better dressed when pregnant than while not pregnant.
32. What kept you sane?
Oh the blog for sure. You guys.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mmm, Robert Downey Jr. it’s always RD Jr.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Prop. 8 grrrrrr!
35. Who did you miss?
occasionally, my kids. I actually missed work while I was on maternity leave
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My beautiful Hannie bean (uh-oh, name spoiler…OH, LIKE YOU DIDN’T ALREADY KNOW!)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
3 kids is no big thing (until they are all sick at the same time), if I give in to “keep hub happy” he keeps me happy in turn,
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
?? I can’t answer this one
I love these! Getting one eight days late is like finding a bonus present under the tree after you thought Christmas was over.
I agree, I have been thinking about you and wondering what is going on over there. Hope that all is well. Love & hugs, Paprika
I was all like, I haven’t heard from SaLy for a while, I am going to email her.Then! There you were. Waiting in my reader. ((HUGS)) I have missed you.Squishyness aside: WHAT? New WIGGLES? No way. How can I have missed this?Also, I have a lovely wonderful friend who just delivered me a BAG full of wonderful books in my favorite genre to borrow and read. I am so so so happy. Reading keeps me sane. And Prodigal Summer is my most favorite book in the world. I quote it like it is the bible or something. Its eloquent phrasing pops up to describe my life. Also, MAN I want to be Lusa’s friend. I wanted to have a little girl so I could NAME her Lusa.Now I have to go read it again. 🙂
hey I read that book Something Borrowed. 🙂 I liked it…