It’s been all pregnancy and all baby up in here for way too long, and I’ve had some thoughts recently, but none of them worthy of their own post necessarily, so, perfect time for a Free for All.
- I have very strong opinions about children wearing flip flops. In that I don’t think they should wear them. Ever. There is no ankle support. They are not meant to be run in. They are an accident waiting to happen. Do I buy them for my kids every year anyway? I do, for the pool and the beach, but damn if I don’t have to monitor the shit out of them to make sure the kids aren’t wearing them to play. I know. I’m crazy. Also? You will pry my own flip flops out of my cold dead hands.
- After being in the program for 5 years, Eddie will be testing for his Tae Kwon Do black belt at the end of July. I am beyond proud of his achievement even though I am put out by driving him in to the city 2 days a week for the prep classes. I HATE city driving, and though I’ve become more comfortable with the route, any small issue sends my anxiety through the roof. Driving home in the pouring rain yesterday sent me in to full blown panic mode. The things we do for our kids, I guess.
- Ed has been working a lot, in addition to being involved in several activities, leaving me lone wolf more than I would like. Parenting 5 kids alone is hard work. I’m pretty sure they can smell my weakness too. The older ones, anyway. The babies are tiny tyrants regardless of who is here. I’m tired.
- I go back to work a week from Monday and we’ve finally worked out baby care. 2 days at daycare, 2 days with my mom, and 1 day split between Ed and me (depending on my meeting schedule). I’m ready to go back. I’m ready to lock myself in my office for 8 hours a day and only have to worry about myself. This will change once I’m actually doing it, I am sure. I will miss the babies.
- I am terrified of summer vacation and having all 5 kids home. TUUURRRIFIIIIED. Summer camp plans need to be made.
- I wrote this post while the babies were sleeping and thought I would still have time for a shower when I was done. Rookie mistake.