The babies celebrated their half birthday this past weekend, and by celebrate, I mean that we did nothing, but still. They are six months old and that is half a year, and please time, just slow down, ok? Ok.
We’re getting in to my favorite time of baby times here. Between 6 and 18 months…man I just love it. They learn so much every single day. It really blows my mind. You can just see them taking everything in and processing and really starting to understand the world around them. I think that’s just aces.
Not much happened this month in the realm of milestones. Molly is now rolling both ways when she wants to, but really doesn’t want to be bothered. Gus vocalizes a whole lot, mostly bababa, dadadada and a bunch of ah-dee, which has Eddie convinced that he is speaking his name. Mol is still more of a squealer and a bubble blower and doesn’t do a whole lot of actual babbling. We’ve done nothing else with solids, because well, I’m lazy and I don’t feel like spoon feeding 2 babies. Our 6 month checkup is tomorrow though, so that may change.
Month 6 Happenings:
- Molly began to roll both ways
- Gus is a babbler
- Both babies are moving in to size 6-9 month clothes–Molly more so
- We were very busy, taking in many sights while enjoying the end of summer. We went to the county fair, some parks, Cedar Point, and to play mini golf.
- The babies went swimming for the first time.
- Gus has decided that both naps, and sleeping all night, is stuff for babies. He will however accept sleeping snuggled up with mom and dad in bed.
- Molly has decided that life is not worth living unless she can stand up, and wants to be upright pretty much any time she is awake. It’s as fun for us as it sounds.
Month 6 Photo Dump (the last 6 photos are from my failed attempt at getting them together for their 6 month photo):