It would seem that my tiny infants have gone and turned 7 months old, and I would really like to protest, except that I can’t because they are just so fricking delightful. I tell people all the time; babies are my thing. I love babies. And while it certainly can be hard with 2, especially when it comes to bedtime, I really really enjoy almost every moment with them. And it’s not just me, either. Ed, the big kids, my mom, EVERYONE just loves these babies. They are fantastic.
Thankfully, whatever sleep regression we were in for the better part of 6 weeks resolved itself recently, Just as I was starting to really feel like it would never get better and that we would never sleep again, BAM. Sleeping. And thank God. I had many visions of Hannah, who stopped sleeping at around 4 months old and never started again. I almost fear writing it, but they are back to their regular sleeping patterns. Gus has even taken to going to sleep on his own, instead of being rocked while fighting me for 15-30 minutes. They are growing up!
Eating is going better as well. We are doing some purees and they are so so about them. Molly likes to gnaw on things. Rice rusks, pizza crust, things like that. Gus enjoys throwing his food on the floor for the dog. So. It’s fun. My other kids were all eating well and self feeding by now, so this is different. I have to remind myself of their adjusted age, AND that Gus especially has always been slow to feed. It’s fine. They’re fine.
Month 7 Happenings:
- Molly can sit up really well; Gus does ok (big head and all)
- Babies have eaten bananas, applesauce, carrots, sweet potatoes, and green beans
- Molly holds her own bottle.
- Gus talks from morning til night. Mostly dadadadada noises, but a lot of expressive sounds and grunting.
- Both are obsessed with the cat and dog
- Molly finally started making some consonant sounds, and her favorite is mamamama. Yeah it is!
- They LOVE their jumparoos.
- I can’t be sure, but I think Gussy tries to give me kisses.
- Molly will grab your nose if you look at her and say “honk honk!”
- Went apple picking for the first time
- Had official 6 month photos taken, just under the wire
- Both seem to understand some specific words. Bottle, night-night, kids
- Both are such Grabby McGrabbersons. Nothing is safe. There is no more lap eating around here.
- Gus loves music and imitates singing
- Molly growls a lot. It’s hysterical.
Month 7 Photo Dump (There are a lot. Sorry, not sorry.):