1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Had a c-section, gave birth to twins, parented 5 kids, went gluten and dairy free (for a few months)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any due to pregnancy and newborns and all that goes along with all of that. I will say though, that in 2012 pre-pregnancy and 2013 post-pregnancy I exercised and lost weight and was really very healthy. I’ve sort of fallen off of that wagon, and would like to get back on it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I did! And so many of my internet buddies! And lots of other friends!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nobody super close, per se. We did just lose a friend to cancer though, and it sucks.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Willpower to be healthy and take care of myself. A more fulfilling job.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 1st, when the twins were born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Honestly? Not losing my mind (completely) when Gus was in the NICU and keeping it together through the twins’ first year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
This is a tough one. I’m sure there were many minor failures, but no biggies stand out.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was hugely pregnant and had major surgery. Pretty eventful if you ask me!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Not a thing, necessarily, but springing for a cleaning lady? Best thing I’ve spent money on by far.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine. MINE, do you hear me?? I was rational at a lot of times this past year where I could have been totally irrational.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody comes to mind.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Hospital Bills. Mortgage. Cars. Groceries. Baby gear.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
I never have a good answer for this question.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner. Losing 2 whole people helped with that.
c) richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleeping. Oh god. Not even close to there being another answer to this question. I’m tired.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Yelling. This answer is the same every year.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We started Christmas Eve with the babies at the doctor’s! 4 infected ears, 3 infected eyes, 2 sinus infections, and a partridge in a pear tree! Then to Ed’s cousin’s but not for long thanks to the sick babies. Christmas day we stayed home and my parents and brother came for dinner. To my aunt’s the Saturday after Christmas.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
With these perfect babies, yes. And with the rest of my family again as they interacted so sweetly with the twins.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Suits. Breaking Bad. Burn Notice. White Collar.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
I have no recollection of any of the books I read.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ylvis?? Not really. I don’t think I’ve discovered anything new.
26. What did you want and get?
2 healthy babies. A cleaning lady. A hot tub.
27. What did you want and not get?
I can’t think of anything. I don’t ask for much.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35 and we took the big kids apple picking. There was cake.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being independently wealthy and not having to work.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Yoga pants, pajamas
32. What kept you sane?
My Blog, The Twitters
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Adam Levine. RDJR, always.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Fucking Healthcare. Always.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met so many new Twitter folks!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
I am actually pretty good at being a mom.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.