- The babies turned 9 months old on the first. I have yet to do their 9 month post and photo dump. Slacker McSlacker Pants over here.
- Eddie woke up last Tuesday screaming in pain. His neck was turned all the way to the right and he couldn’t turn it back. How do I know it hurt? Because he willingly took Advil. Acute Torticolis was the diagnosis, and we had 3 visits to the chiropractor and 2 days off of school. Young man got to watch a whole lot of Netflix. He’s mostly better now, but still, over a week later, a little bit stiff.
- THEN! Friday night Gussy went off on one of his crying jags. He does this on occasion, gets set off by something, and it takes a long time to calm him down. He’s a sensitive boy. This happened while he was lying on the floor drinking his bottle, so I ended up rocking him while he screamed for 20 minutes and then finally passed out. Saturday morning though, I noticed that he wasn’t moving his arm. When I lifted it, he screamed. When the pediatrician on call didn’t call me back within a half hour, Ed and I threw everyone in the car and drove there to get him checked out. It turned out that he had dislocated his elbow. Dr. said he thought it was back in, but sent us for xrays to be sure, and to make sure there was nothing else going on. (When we got in the car, Eddie confessed to making him clap, maybe a bit to aggressively, just before he started crying the night before.) Anywhooo, the radiologist confirmed that it was dislocated, and she gently twisted it back in to place, and within 3 minutes, Gus was a happy grabby baby again. thankfully, there were no other issues. We celebrated with a big pancake breakfast.
- Saturday night was a holiday dinner for all of our different community organizations, so my parents came out to watch the kids, and Ed and I went to that. It was ok. Ed knows everyone in town, and I…don’t. But I got to meet a lot of people, drink 2 glasses of wine, and wear my red shoes, so I’ll call it a win.
- Sunday was Cait’s winter dance recital. It was loooong, but she had a good time. Someone stole Hannah’s, Gus’s and my coats on the way out, so Ed was on a hunt to track them down. He found them tucked under a lady’s arm and chalked it up to a misunderstanding, but I’m not so sure. We had lunch at Red Robin, (and I swear Gus crammed 7 french fries in his mouth at once), and then we all came home and napped for 2 hours. All 7 of us! It was maybe the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
- Work is cleaning my clock. I will be really glad when the holiday break starts. I feel like such a whiner, given that I took a nearly 6 month long maternity leave this year, but shit…I need a break. I’ll be glad to have all my vacation time at my disposal next year.
- Are you on my Christmas Card list? If we’ve exchanged in the past, you definitely are! But if you aren’t and you’d like one, please send me your address!
Holy crow. I can’t believe EVERYONE napped. That is a sure sign of fabulous things.
Eliza dislocated her elbow rough housing with our nanny one day, and same thing – screaming bloody murder, wouldn’t move her arm, and as soon as the ER doc moved it the right way, she was good as new. Crazy to me – I expected there to be residual pain or swelling or SOMETHING, but nope, right as rain. I was told it’s a super common dislocation in the under-5 set, and can recur, but you can learn to pop it back yourself pretty easily. Glad Gus Gus is ok!
Also, a simultaneous seven person nap is perhaps UNHEARD OF, oh my word.
How did that woman end up with a woman’s coat, a girl’s coat, and an infant boy’s coat by “accident”? Seems suspicious.
So glad Gus quickly regained his arm mobility so he could cram 7 fries into his mouth. 🙂
Dislocations freak me out so badly. I have weird messed up knees and as a result my kneecaps literally slide out of place if I turn too sharply and end up on the side of my leg until I straighten back up- then they just pop back where they ought to be. It happened a ton in high school, a few times as a young adult, once very badly when I was pregnant, resulting in surgery, and then never again since. But I am still so paranoid- it’s just the weirdest, creepiest feeling. Also my best friend dislocated her shoulder in high school and it looked so so painful. So. I’m adding “dislocated elbow” to my list of things to be terrified of happening to my little kids. I didn’t even know that was a… thing, you know? Your elbow?! But sounds like it turned out okay, thank goodness! Poor baby!
Merry Christmas my dear friend. How the years pass huh? I hope the tribe has something special planned for the big day. I think of you often and wonder how you are. Sometimes I really miss our group from back in the day.
Lots of love,
Everyone taking a nap at once? That sounds like a Christmas miracle (albeit come a bit early). Sorry about the injuries and glad you got your coats back.
Hello very cool blog!! Man .. Excellent ..
Superb .. I’ll bookmark your site and take the feeds also?
I am happy to search out a lot of useful information right here in the
post, we’d like develop extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing.
. . . . .
Everything is very open with a really clear description of the issues.
It was definitely informative. Your website is very helpful.
Thanks for sharing!
Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on thijs blog
loading? I’m truing to figurde out if its a problem on my end or if it’s
the blog. Anny feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely feel this amazing
site needs far more attention. I’ll probably be back again
to read through more, thanks for the information!
certainly like your web-site but you need to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of
your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very bothersome to inform the reality nevertheless I will
certainly come again again.
I’m extremely impressed together with your writing ahilities as well as
with the format on your blog. Is that this a paid subject matter or did you customize it
your self? Either way stay up the nice high quality writing, it is uncommon
to see a nice weblog like this one these days..
This type of insurance is a bit different from all other
type of insurance because the insurance itself can always be tailored
according to the need of the clients and therefore the same
type of insurance policy for automobiles can hardly be found.
Having a car alarm, good locks, and an approved immobilizer, are good choices.
There are several companies who advertise the safe driver discount,
using a device you put in your car.
You need to be a part of a contest for one of the greatest blogs on the net.
I most certainly will highly recommend this website!
Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and
I am impressed! Very useful information particularly the
last part 🙂 I care for such information much.
I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
I delight in, lead to I found just what I used to be having a look for.
You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.
I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your website?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way
of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two pictures.
Maybe you could space it out better?