I have been feeling like a moose lately which is odd because since I barely ate anything in my first trimester, I really haven’t gained any weight. What I’m finding though is that the baby bump is pushing up that fat left over from the previous pregnancies, and well, I just feel gross.
I started thinking about exercising which is not my strong point in non-pregnant life, so it’s for damn sure a long shot now—but as I thought more about it, it occurred to me that I actually do get a lot of exercise in any given day. Here is a sampling:
• Going up and down my basement stairs 6 times in the morning because I can’t stand any of my clothes.
• Sprinting the ¼ mile between the parking lot and work (coming in and going out, and also sometimes on my lunch break) because it is actually 2 degrees outside
• Vigorously rolling cat hair and coat feathers from my clothes for 5 minutes a morning
• Power walking from my desk to the bathroom 8 times a day.
• Chasing my kids through the halls at daycare (which is a complete circle) because they think it’s funny to each take off in a different direction and see where they meet up.
• Getting an aerobic workout in bed every night (no, it’s not what you think) what, with all of the tossing and turning
• Carrying a 25 lb 2-year-old or a 40 lb 4-year-old back to bed up to 4 times a night
It’s actually a pretty well-rounded regimen, huh
Yeah, you totally have cardio, strength training, intervals, the whole nine yards in there. Go you.
Sounds like a good workout to me. If you feel like doing more, get a yoga workout for pregnant women. The stretches and things feel good and make you feel like you can move better. It could also help you sleep better.
That’s actually not a bad idea….
I would say that’s a workout. My L constantly wants to be carried and she’s around the 40lb mark too…definite muscle toning there.
I’m always asked how I keep slim, and I swear it’s the carrying and constant stair climbing (often with kids! and laundry!) Lord knows it’s not my dedicated exercise regimen.
I agree! Sounds like a bunch of work to me.God, the tossing and turning and never getting comfortable at night is the worst. So, when’s the ultrasound? WHEN????
I do this sort of thing in my head all the time, estimating the amount of excercise I get just doing housework and childcare. Sounds to me like you’re all set!