Last week, Swistle began talk of this massive pay it forward effort (and no, this doesn’t meant that one of us has to get stabbed a la Haley Joel Osment in the end) and despite my extra large, miserable and sciatic pregnant state, I’ve decided to jump on the band wagon.
In case you haven’t heard, here is how it works: I post this contest today, telling you that it is a pay it forward kind of deal. You leave me a comment (see details at the bottom) and in the end, I will use a random number generator to pick a winner. The catch is that if you win, you have to pay it forward in a contest of your own. Theoretically, we will have contests up the wazoo for the foreseeable future.
I’m not sure what the prize will be, however as my last day of work (UNTIL OCTOBER!!!!) is Wednesday, and the kiddos will still be going to summer camp a few days a week, I envision a lengthy trip to Chez Target upon which I will spend way too much money on myself and the baby, but will also have you in mind. Now of course, if something happens, and I find myself on bed rest, your prize may be a mixed CD of some of my favorite songs (think obscure 70’s rock and folk, combined with 80’s and 90’s 1-hit wonders—yes, I am an enigma) or some random
crapstuff from home that after living without for 3 months of a kitchen remodel, I’ve decided that I don’t really need. But let’s not think like that; let’s remain positive in our thoughts that the prize will be ridiculously awesome no matter what.
In order to be entered, I’d really like it if you answered the following questions:
1. What is your favorite musical? (And don’t say you hate musicals; everybody likes at least one, even if it’s Moulin Rouge or some crap like that)
2. What is your favorite movie theatre candy?
3. If you had to name 2 babies today, yours or otherwise, one boy and one girl, no questions asked, what would their names be?
If you’re against being questioned, that’s ok too—not fun, but ok—just leave me a “please enter me” comment.
Be sure that if you don’t leave a link back to your own site, you leave me your email address so that I may contact you when you win. So, GO!! Enter!! Let’s get this going!!!
**Contest is open until 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on July 4, 2008**
(For a complete list of contests, you can visit Swistle.)
Nobody ever wants to be the 1st comment, so I will answer my own questions.1. The Sound of Music2. Snowcaps3. Hannah (duh) and Andrew
1. Mary Poppins2. Junior Mints3. Shepherd and Camilla
Oh fun! 1) The Sound of Music2) Twizzlers
oops so sorry I hit return by accident…I’m not trying to enter twice….3) Oscar and Isabella
Smiling Mama–I will count you as comment # 3.
1. The Music Man2. It’s a tie: Junior Mints and Lemonheads3. Jeremiah and Margaret
1)Wicked!2)Raisinettes!3)Elena and James!
Since I watched it just last night, I’m going to go with Hairspray.Junior mintsHannah! and Ethan.
1. Rent2. Twizzlers! No … Raisinettes! … no … popcorn! no, wait …3. Clara and Arthur
1. I love Mary Poppins – there are others I love but I’m going to put that as my #12. I really love popcorn and I don’t eat candy at the movies but if I had to choose I’d say snowcaps too3. Jonah and Madeline
1) Rent2) Sour Patch Kids3) Joshua and Allison
1. Les Miserable2. Twizzlers3. oooh boy, let’s see: Emmeth and Salome.
1. Camelot.2. Reeses Pieces.3. Isabelle and Angus.
1. Oh, I don’t KNOW. I haven’t seen many. But the “Mama Mia!” one coming out looks like it might be fun.2. Raisinettes and Milk Duds tie for me.3. Declan and (damn it , I HAVE four girls, now I have to come up with a FIFTH girl name?) hmmm…. Emmaline.
1. Sound of Music (recorded) Miss Saigon (live).2. Glossette Peanuts in Canada, Peanut M&Ms in the States3. Emmett and Annabelle
1. I really REALLY want to see Mama Mia! I haven’t seen any musicals lately. I guess I am always too embarassed because they are supposed to be, like not cool. I know. I suck.2. Peanut M&M’s3. Eleanor Caite and Henry Owen, you know, if it has to be today and all 😉
I love these questions.1. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, although I love so many that this is hard. Mamma Mia, Singing in the Rain…2. Junior Mints.3. Emily Jane and Benjamin Clifford.
Ok, here goes:1. It’s a tie between Music Man and Mary Poppins. Then there’s South Pacific. Damn, I love musicals.2. Twizzlers3. Cameron and Sidney
1. Sound of Music (my kids call it the “For Line Maria” movie lol)2. Junior Mints3. Agusta Nicole and Jackson Miles
1. Once or Spinal Tap (“a rockumentary, if you will”)2. Sour Patch Kids3. Benjamin Todd and Sophia GraceThe boy name was our pick for the most recent baby, but she is a girl so that won’t work. The girl name was our name for our 4th child, but he is a boy so we went wtih a differnt name. That didn’t make sense, sorry.
1. Into the Woods2. Peanut Butter Cups (which I can no longer eat because of daughter with peanut allergies)3. Keegan (boy) Emerson (girl)
1. Grease2. Reese’s Pieces3. Aidan & Hannah. Hannah I will never be able to actually use though. . . it just won’t work with our last name 😦
1.I have to choose one musical?Annie!2. Reeses Pieces3. Holden and Chloe
Les MiserablesGood and PlentyKiersten and Bennett
Favorite Musical…You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown — just because I was in it! In junior high, but still.Milk Duds.James AndrewIsobel Elizabeth
How can I choose just one on any of these?? Aah!1. White Christmas2. Junior Mints3. For myself, Henry and Clara. For others (because they don’t work with my last name), Rosie and Finn.
Well, I don’t know if it’s my favorite, but since I’m in it and we’re performing in two weeks, I’d have to say that Seussical the Musical is my favorite right now.Junior mints and milk duds;Nate and Darcy.
Good questions!1. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat2. Twizzlers3. Rhys & Shae
1. The King and I2. Milk Duds or Sugarbabies3. Beatrix and Heath
1. Sound of Music2. Raisinettes3. Tara and Timothy
Wow, great questions! Also I’m mad you stole my favorite musical. Still, I guess we’ll have to be favorite musical twins or something.1. The Sound of Music2. Buncha Crunch3. Anya Nicole & Jamin Charles
I think every time I see a new musical that one becomes my favorite. But since I haven’t seen one in a while, I would say that my current favorite is Sound of Music. 2. Junior Mints3. Isabella Grace and David James
1. I’ve never seen it, but I want to see Mama Mia.2. Milkduds!3. Benjamin Matthew & Isabel Taylor
Hi there-1. Don’t know where to start or how to choose….. A Chorus Line (and so many others).2. Junior Mints.3. Francesca and Oscar.
1. Guys and Dolls2. Rasinettes3. Ella Marie and Sidney Eugene
Les Miserablesno candy, loads of popcornEmma and Luc
I love questions. Fun, fun, fun!!1. This is so hard. I love so many! I was in Nunscense (sense that seems to be a trend, talking about ones we were in). I loved Phantom and Lion King live. I’ve seen Grease a million times. 2. I love chocolate and nuts so peanut M&Ms. I also love sour gummi things. 3. Asher & Corinne
GreaseTwizzlersParker and Carter
1. Definitely The Sound of Music, but that seems obvious, so I’m going to add Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.2. Popcorn all the way, baby. I don’t need anything else. Except a frozen raspberry.3. I don’t want that responsibility! Alexander and Isabella.
At the moment my favorite musical is Jesus Christ Superstar – I just saw it at the Orpheum in Minneapolis in May, and it was FABULOUS!I love Raisinets (?sp)…but I like almost all candy. I’m not picky!I JUST got married (about 3 weeks ago), so I haven’t even thought about kids and names and such…I’ll probably have to ask Swistle for help when we finally get around to it!-Becky
OK first….congrats on your soon to be baby! First time stopping by your blog and i just had to say that :)1. Aida2. Sour Patch Kids3. Chloe and Aidan
1. The Rocky Horror Picture Show2. Popcorn- only salted3. Freyr (boy) and Líf (girl)(I’m Icelandic thus the weird names)
1. Grease2. Junior Mints3. Nolan and Sasha (although we can never use Sasha because it’s too close to Shauna)
1. Sound of Music2. Sour Patch Kids3. Nolan and Ava
Musical: I love musicals. I have to pick one? Just one? Darn these are hard questions. Ummm… Phantom of the Opera. I know it’s lame and generic but I cry every time.Candy: Junior MintsBaby Names: I’m naming girls since I have 2 boys and wanted to try something different. Sophia Hope and Natalie Grace.
1. Music Man2. Junior Mints3. Audrey and DanielCongrats on your bean on the way. I just had #3 on May 22!
1. Toss up: Sound of Music and Fiddler on the Roof. (Also happen to be my Favorite Movies of All Time)2. Reeses Pieces, except they go too fast. Milk Duds & Sour patch kids take up most of the movie3. I’m pregnant and stumped on this one.How about Jane and Ammon?Or Ann and Caleb.Or Meredith and Gideon.Well, 3 more months to figure something out.(How do people answer questions like these in 5-6 words?)
Jesus Christ, Superstar.
1. Wicked2. Mike & Ike3. Nicolette and Dean
1. Les Mis2. Gummy bears or Sour Patch Kids3. Tristan and Kiley.